I get the feeling this dickwaffle would have gotten along with Joffrey really well.
YEAH BUT CALIGULA WAS FUCKIN INSANE
And not in a good way. He was literally insane, and he was an absolute tyrant. He’s my favourite Roman emperor, just because he’s so interesting
- His father was a military hero, and he spent the first few years of his life on an army camp, where he paraded around wearing this mini-military uniform his mother made (which is where he got his name- “Caligula” meaning “little boot”). The soldiers basically worshipped him.
- As a teenager, he was called before Tiberius (who was a complete tyrant in his own right, and supposedly killed members of Caligula’s family) on the island of Capri, where he was forcibly adopted and as a result of how well he was treated he supposedly developed Stockholm Syndrome (though this is subject to debate). He held an undying hatred for Tiberius but was forced to show respect, so took out his anger on others and enjoyed watching executions and torture, and frequently indulged in orgies
- TIBERIUS THOUGHT HE WAS MAD. TIBERIUS.
- He gains absolute power of the Roman Empire at the 24- spent the last 5 years watching Tiberius murder, rape, and torture innocents for his own pleasure. So it’s fair to say he’s pretty messed up. He starts off by obliterating unpopular tax and literally giving away money- thus winning the adoration of the citizens. Then, seemingly overnight, he becomes a vicious, bloodthirsty psychopath.
- Early in his reign, he fell ill and spent a considerably period of time on the verge of death. Following most of his recovery, he still suffered major headaches and sometimes wandered round his palace in the dead of night, and started cross-dressing
- During his illness, one man offered his life in exchange for Caligula’s recovery. When he recovered, Caligula sought out this man and had him sacrificed.
- He called banquets, raped the female guests, then brought them back to the table to discuss the rape with the other guests
- HE DECLARED WAR ON THE GODS. Hence why he had the army fight Poseidon.
- He would make parents watch the executions of their children
- He held dinner parties for highly-regarded Roman citizens, during which he would order the executions of criminals between courses and- while his guests were dining- he would rape their wives in the room next door
- He appointed a horse as a consul. I’ll say that again. HE NAMED A HORSE A CONSUL. He had said horse attended to by 18 servants and fed it oats mixed with gold flakes
- He names himself a living God
- He his reign lasted four years, before he was stabbed to death. He did all that in four years.
I’M SORRY I JUST REALLY LOVE ROMAN HISTORY OK
Also when he would throw house parties he would hide wild animal like lions in random rooms and made people tour his house by themselves and they would be eaten if they opened the wrong door
(just so you know I did a huge project about him in history)
So I share a personality type with Buffy Summers, Leslie Knope, Caetlyn Stark, Princess…
Debra Morgan, Hermione Granger, Spock, Bob Belcher, etc.Also… Bruce Wayne, Giles, Viktor Krum, and Mr. Darcy, since S and N are only marginally different. Yup
Some Harry Potter Facts.
- Daniel Randcliffe's favorite HP book is Chamber of Secrets, Emma Watson's favorite HP book is Prisoner of Azkaban and Rupert Grint's favorite HP book is The Goblet of Fire.
- Neville asked the Sorting Hat to be put in Hufflepuff because he found Gryffindor's reputation bravery intimidating.
- Most of the members of the Black family are named after stars.
- Voldemort cannot love because he was conceived under the effects of a Love Potion.
- The first Harry Potter novel was published in 1998, the same year that the final Battle of Hogwarts take place. "I open at the close."
- J.K. Rowling has said that when she took an online Sorting Hat quiz it sorted her into Hufflepuff.
- Both Sirius and Fred, Hogwarts pranksters from different generations, died laughing.
- Tom Marvolo Riddle is also an anagram for "immortal odd lover."
- Slytherin house was the first and last house mentioned in the series.
- October 9 of 1995, Dumbledore's Army meets in the Room of Requirement for the first time to practice the Disarming Charm.
- In the movie scene "Nineteen Years Later", Tom Felton's girlfriend Jade Gordon makes an appearance as Draco's wife, Astoria Greengrass.
- Voldemort is bald because this way people can't use his hair in a Polyjuice Potion.
- Ron's Patronus is a Jack Russel Terrier, which are know for chasing otters. Hermione's Patronus happens to be an otter.
- Voldemort's Boggart would take the shape of his own corpse, since death was his greatest fear.
- Voldemort was 71 years old when he died on May 2, 1998.
- A Patronus is a physical representation of one's soul. Since James Potter's is a stag and Lily's is a doe, they are literally soul mates.
- Molly Weasley's brothers Gideon and Fabian were killed by Death Eaters in the first war.
- Even though he feared death, Voldemort could not become a ghost because his soul was so damaged.
- George would never be able to evoke a Patronus Charm after Fred's death.
- A Patronus often mutates to take the image of the love one's life because they so often become the happy thought that generates a Patronus.
- Bellatrix Lestrange is actually in love with Voldemort.
- After Kingsley Shacklebolt became the new Minister of Magic, he told all who participated in the Battle of Hogwarts they could have a job as an Auror without N.E.W.T.s.
- Snape hates Neville so much because Neville could have been the other Chosen One, meaning that Lily would have to survived.
- The third scent Hermione could smell emanating from the Amortentia (love potion) was that of Ron's hair.
- Minerva McGonagall played on the Gryffindor Quidditch team while she attended Hogwarts.
- The Elder Wand is the only known wand in existence with a hair from the tail of a Thestral at its core.
- Dumbledore was gay, and he was in love with Grindelwald.